The Electoral Commission, a Constitutional Body responsible for the conduct of elections and referenda, in line with section 12(1) (g) and (i) of The Electoral Commission’s Act Cap 140, invites applications from competent Non-partisan, Self financing Civil Societies/Organizations, and Community Based Organizations to be accredited to conduct voter education for the 2015/2016 General elections for a period of two years.
Applicants for this service should provide relevant information including among others;
- Name of the Agency (CSO,CBO, International Organization)
- Physical and Postal address
- Profile of Key personnel
- Copy of valid certificate/license of operation
- Operating area i.e. reach and coverage in terms of current operations
- Program languages in the operating area
- Evidence of past similar assignments undertaken
- Evidence of current reach and coverage
- Indication of prime centres or location
- Source of funding
- Technical Capacity
- Specific experience related to the assignment
- Proposed work plan and methodology
- Evidence of available resource base (equipment, materials, services, personnel and finances)
- Mechanisms for monitoring and self evaluation
- Mechanisms for program evaluation
- Mechanisms for impact assessment
- Mechanisms for feedback to the Commission.
The successful applicants will sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Electoral Commission and will be expected to conduct comprehensive voter Education on behalf of the Electoral Commission. The Commission will monitor, supervise and authorize materials to be used by the organizations.
Applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Electoral Commission and delivered to the Procurement and Disposal Unit at the Address below, not later than 13th February 2015 at 11:00 am.
THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION
PLOT 55, JINJA ROAD